Friday, September 6, 2013

An Encounter At Thompson

This is a true story, from my friend Galia!! I will be putting more comments at the end!! This is a revised version for people who don't know Galia.

So, my friend Savannah wasn't at school on Wednesday, and I was sitting in Drama class with an empty seat next to me. We were waiting for a magic show to begin, and two boys, Jonah and Dylan were horsing around, and got our teacher Mrs. Everret mad. Mrs. Everret told Jonah to go sit somewhere else. Jonah stood up and said "May i go sit in the front so you can watch me more easily?" Mrs. Everret wasn't paying attention and was like "OK, sure." Jonah walks up and pulls the seat next to me. "Hey Galia" He says. I was drawing a picture of a bright, pink rose getting stabbed and bleeding and Jonah looks at it and leans in. "I love it," He says, "especially the blood running down and dripping onto the floor. It looks beautiful. By the way, have i ever told you that you are beautiful, darlin?" He emphasizes the beautiful, and i go rigid, like a pole. I swallow and say, "Yes, you have Jonah. Thank you. And don't call me that!" (I meant darlin, but he took it as beautiful.) "Sure thing darling." he says. And.. Then he... Gently caresses my picture. Yeah. You heard me. That idiot lightly runs his hand along my paper. Then he leans in real close. Like real close. My eyes widen, and I say real quickly "No!" I shove him away, and look away refusing to look at him, covering my face with my hand, and blushing like crazy. Dylan says from the other side of the room. "Oh, yeah Jonah. She likes you." I look over and glare daggers at him. He gulps and looks away. I turn back to Jonah. "I'm sorry I shoved you, but you kind of scare me." I say. The teacher starts to talk and I lean forward to hear her better. Jonah leans closer and whispers. "I  like you." He says. I ignore him and keep listening to the teacher. He repeats it again "I like like you" He whispers again. "Will you be my girlfriend?" I turn to him. He is staring into my eyes like he always does. Didn't his mom tell him that it's rude to stare?  Anyway, I say hesitantly "I thought that you liked (person)." He crinkles his eyebrows and says "No." I gulp. He asks again. "Will you please be my girlfriend?" I look down. "No." He gets all emotional. "Why not? Am i ugly?" He asks, hurt. "Heck no." I tell him. " Then wh- You know what? It's OK if you don't like me" he says. I relax and ask tentatively "Really?" He looks away moodily. "Jonah?" I ask. "It makes sense. You don't like me at all, so i won't like you back either." He says all hurt and mad. OK, I'll admit that I was rude, but he so deserved it... kinda. (not really!) "...Jonah. I like you as a friend." I tell him softly. He doesn't look at me and replies" No, you don't." He sighs. The bell rings and he quickly walks away and out the door. At lunch, he was surrounded by girls, and i felt bad because i actually hurt Jonah, The most loved boy in school! Everybody would hate me if he told any girl, because most of the girls gossiped pretty badly. I sat with a person that liked Jonah before, and I told her, "Hey, um, i need to go talk to Jonah." She was like "OK. HEY JONAH!!" she yells. I was like 'mental face palm' He turns around and she was like "GALIA WANTS TO TALK TO YOU!!" She screams. He says something and she gasps. "I think he just called you a b--ch!" She breathes. I feel fury wash over me and I stomp over to him. "WHAT did you just call me?!" I growl dangerously. Unfortunately, (person) was with me. Jonah answered with, "Huh? what are you talking about?" Person was like "Did you just call her a 'b'?" Jonah was like "NO,NO!!" I'm like, "OK, i need to talk to you..." He looks at me blankly. I take a deep breath, and say "I don't hate you Jonah, I actually like you..." He smiles slightly, "Really?" He asks hopefully. "...As a friend." I finish. He looks away and steps closer, sniffing and blinking quickly (that Drama king!). and did I tell you that he is tall? Yeah. He looks down and says emotionally and sadly. "So that means you don't..." He sniffs and gulps. The girls fall for it and all my so called friends are like "GALIA!! Apologize to him and like him, or you'll break his heart!" (There were like 5 girls and they are popular and we're in the most popular lunch spot!) "NO!" I say. Then they all grab me and start forcefully pushing me into his arms. I look at him and he has a small smile through his fake tears and his arms out. They were pushing me into his full front hug. It was terrifying, and I couldn't get away. I got so upset, I almost cried! I shoved them away angrily and glared almost tearfully at Jonah. I almost said "I hate you", but just stomped away. A random boy walks up to me and hugs me from the side. I just stand there and say "Do you know me?" He looks at me "No." He says. "Then don't touch me." I growl. Jonah stayed away from me the rest of the day. 

  Well, there you have it folks. Her boyfriend is a crazy nutjob! I laughed so hard listening to this, and then I got sober once I realized what I would have done. I would have punched Jonah right then and there, and you know where that would lead!

No comments:

Post a Comment